INR RAS, Moscow, June 11-15, 2012
(satellite workshop of the Quarks-2012 seminar)
(Picture by K. Ptitsyna)
ScopeGauge/gravity holographic duality is an emerging method for describing strongly interacting gauge theories via their weakly coupled gravity duals. Holography is presently thought to be the key to puzzles of particle and condensed matter physics such as dynamical breaking of electroweak symmetry, description of hadrons, heavy ions and strange metals.
The purpose of this workshop is to bring together leading researchers in the field in order to stimulate a comprehensive
discussion of the open questions (theoretical as well as
phenomenological) related to a wide range of applications of the new
Topics to be covered:
- AdS/QCD: holographic models of hadrons.
- Holographic description of dynamical electroweak symmetry breaking: technicolor, composite Higgs, Higgsless, etc.
- Holographic liquids and quark-gluon plasma.
- Models with anisotropic scaling.
- Applications to condensed matter: strange metals, Hall effect, etc.
We expect to have 4 one-hour talks per day with the rest of the day left for discussion.
Feel free to contact us for further information!
Dmitry Levkov email@example.com